Charged with DWI/DUI in Hendersonville, NC?
You need a Hendersonville DWI attorney. I handle traffic related matters in Henderson County courts on a regular basis. DWI is by far the most serious traffic matter you can be charged with, and make no mistake, the state of NC is very serious in pursuing these charges. Despite what many clients believe, when you are charged with DWI in Hendersonville, NC, you will almost always have 2 options:
- Plead Guilty
- Challenge the charges in a trial
In order to defeat DWI charges, the most common defenses offered at trial are
- challenging the stop based on 4th Amendment principals
- challenging the arrest for lack of probable cause
- challenging whether or not the client was "appreciably impaired"
Even if you and your attorney decide that pleading guilty is the best option, there are many considerations that need to be managed throughout the process. Even in the case of a guilty plea I offer knowledge, consistent communication, and the piece of mind that your case is being handled appropriately.
- Depending on the circumstances, jail sentences are often imposed ranging into years
- Circumstances can impose jail sentences on the first offense
- Sentencing hearings take place after trial or upon guilty plea, and this is where factors are weighed in determining your sentence.
You'll have many considerations ranging from whether various types of driving privileges are available, costs/fines, jail time, community service, as well as required assessments and treatment. All these issues, along with the stress of having been charged with a serious offense, may make you feel as if you've been rendered paralyzed. An effective DWI Attorney to advocate for your position will greatly reduce this stress you're experiencing.
Areas of Practice: Asheville, Hendersonville, Waynesville, Marshall, Mars Hill, Columbus, Brevard, Buncombe, Henderson, Haywood, Madison, Polk, Transylvania