Speeding Tickets and Traffic Violations Can Lead to Suspension Of YOUR License!
CALL TODAY: 828-575-8417
Don't make the mistake of trying to resolve a speeding citation on your own without a local, experienced advocate, who knows the system. It may cost you your license and thousands of dollars!
NC has a statutory scheme that dictates how many points you get when you are convicted of speeding. Of course, there are two different points systems and they don't always match up. First there is the DMV points system that attaches to your license. Second is the insurance points system that affects your insurance premiums. If you think a reduction may save your insurance premiums from an increase, ask yourself when your last ticket conviction was.
- Too many DMV points can jeopardize your license.
- A few points can cost several hundred dollars at insurance renewal time.
- 16+ mph over is a misdemeanor and will initiate DMV license suspension if not reduced or PJC'd, it also requires mandatory appearance by you or your attorney.
- Two speeding tickets in a 55+ zone within a year will lead to DMV license suspension.
- There are many other scenarios that will initiate a DMV suspension, and the clerks office or DA's office will not advise that this is going to happen as you pay the ticket. That is not their job.